Authors and Book Reviews
As you know, I am trying to get more book reviews for some of my books, if you read yesterday’s blog post. So, today, I am providing some information for authors to know and heed in reference to book reviews. Enjoy!
What do book reviews do?
- Add exposure
- Increase attention
- Create fans for the author’s writing/books
- Sell books
Who writes book reviews?
- Book Reviewers
Where are book reviews?
- Book Sellers: Such as, Amazon, Barnes & Noble,
- Online at various websites: Such as, Bloggers and Reviewers
- Author’s Website
- Publisher’s Website
- Social Media: Such as, Facebook, Twitter,
- Newspapers: Such as, Washington Post, Huffington Post
- Magazines: Print and Online
- Prestigious Reviews: Kirkus Reviews and Publisher’s Weekly
When do you ask for book reviews?
- Prior to publication of the book
- Once the book is released
Why do readers read book reviews?
- To view positive/negative reviews
- To see if a book is worth reading
- To see if a book is worth buying
- To see if an author is of interest
How to get book reviews?
- ASK anyone and everyone to write a book review for your new book
Remember: All authors would love a book review on Amazon when you’re done reading the book. So, please don’t let them down!
Note: Authors should not pay for book reviews (Use your own discretion).
Note: Clip art compliments of the Internet and Cheryl Holloway.
Don’t Keep this Blog a Secret…Tell Your Friends about it!
Readers and followers, please share this post with your friends.
On this blog, I “Pay it Forward” to other authors by spotlighting them with a Guest Author Interview. I only ask that they too “Pay It Forward” to any other author. ~ Cheryl Holloway
Questions? Comments? Interviews? Contact :
AuthorCherylHolloway@gmail.com or Cheryl@CherylHolloway.net