Don’t Let Procrastination Steal Another Year…Write Your Book, Now!
If you want to be a writer, here are some serious questions for you to think about.
Are you are in danger of letting procrastination take yet another of your opportunities?
What is procrastination?
According to the dictionary, procrastination is the action of delaying or postponing something.
Why do writers procrastinate?
Here are my top five reasons why writers procrastinate and don’t finish writing their book.
- They don’t believe that their writing is good. I think this is the number one reason writers procrastinate. Everyone doubts themselves at one time or another, especially a writer who has never been published before.
- They don’t allot time to write each and every day. I think this is the number two reason writers procrastinate. Remember…writers write.
- They don’t make attainable goals. I think this is the number three reason writers procrastinate. Give yourself deadlines to help you meet goals and keep you writing daily. Set a daily writing goal that is small and attainable. Note: 250 words a day is about one page. If you write one page a day for one year (365 days), you will have a complete book. Now, you’re ready to organize and edit it. 🙂
- They have too many distractions. I think this is the number four reason writers procrastinate. They read their emails (on several accounts), visit social media sites (such as facebook and twitter), and search the internet (google anything and everything). If you are serious about writing a book, you need two things—a quiet space and a designated time.
- They are not accountable to anyone. I think this is the number five reason writers procrastinate. Get a writing buddy that you are accountable to and vice versa. It will help you stay on track with your writing. I am an Accountability Writing Coach. You pay me to keep you on track. I am your writing mentor, who encourages you and supports you—even at your lowest point.
Here are some facts:
In the U.S., 82% of people say they want to write a book, but only 2% actually write a book.
Of the writers who are bold enough to start writing a book, only 3 in 5 writers actually finish writing the book.
Jan 1st is an opportunity to fulfill your dream of writing a book.
But, before I go, let me leave you with a final thought: On writing your book…Where will you be this time next year?
Note: Photos/Clip art are compliments of the Internet and Cheryl Holloway.
Don’t Keep this Blog a Secret…Tell Your Friends about it!
Readers and followers, please share this post with your friends.
Subscribe to my blog because I share great books with wonderful readers all over the globe!
On this blog, I “Pay it Forward” to other authors by spotlighting them with a Guest Author Interview. I only ask that they too “Pay It Forward” to any other author. ~ Cheryl Holloway
Questions? Comments? Interviews? Contact :
AuthorCherylHolloway@gmail.com or Cheryl@CherylHolloway.net